For superior quality and professional hardwood flooring installation or hardwood refinishing and home remodeling and renovation services, look no farther than to Handy Andy Services to meet these needs.
Hardwood refinishing is a process of revitalizing your old and worn out floors giving them new life and a better than new look. Most hardwood floors are made of oak, but despite the durable nature of this wood, it only looks as good as the surface finish. Water stains, scratches, dullness and whole areas are an indication that it is time to refinish the floors.
Refinishing floors is a 3 – 5 day process depending on the extent of floors to be refinished and may require that no access to this area happens during the refinishing process so as to ensure optimal end results and prevent any damage to the finish.
The process is simple and needs to be performed by qualified hardwood floor refinishers who have extensive experience with the process. The following are the steps to refinish:
1. Prep work – The homeowner is required to remove and move out all furniture. It is also recommended that they cover up all vents, ducts, cabinets etc to minimize cleanup from dust that will be spewn all over.
2. Sanding – This step is a multi-step process where the refinisher will remove all quarter round/shoe mold and start sanding the wood to the bare wood state. This sanding involves multiple sanders and sanding paper to go from a rough sand to a relatively smooth finish.
3. Staining – This step involves the staining of the bare hardwoods. The refinisher will confirm the color by providing multiple color choices to the homeowner (when trying to match) or the actual color choice made. Once the stain is confirmed, the refinisher will stain the floor and let it dry.
4. Polyurethane coat 1 – This is the first step of applying polyurethane and after application will require one day to dry.
5. Polyurethane coat 2 & 3 – Depending on the price, you will definitely have a 2nd coat but may not have a 3rd coat. Negotiate with the refinisher as 3 coats is always better. Between coats, the refinisher will lightly sand and then apply the polyurethane coat.
Let your hardwoods dry thoroughly before any foot traffic on the floor. It is recommended to stay away minimally from 1 – 3 days to help the stain and polyurethane cure.
Handy Andy Services can help you with all your flooring needs including hardwoods, tile and vinyl flooring. Handy Andy Services has been providing superior quality home renovation and home remodeling services to clients in Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas including Myers Park, Cornelius, Concord, Huntersville, Lake Norman, Dilworth, Waxhaw, Fort Mill, Lake Wylie, Ballantyne, South Park, Waxhaw, Weddington and Marvin. You can confidently opt for the best hardwood refinishing, flooring and home renovation with Handy Andy Services, a provider that can deliver and exceed your expectations.