For superior quality and professional hardwood flooring installation or hardwood refinishing and home remodeling and renovation services, look no farther than to Handy Andy Services to meet these needs.
Hardwood refinishing is a process of revitalizing your old and worn out floors giving them new life and a better than new look. Most hardwood floors are made of oak, but despite the durable nature of this wood, it only looks as good as the surface finish. Water stains, scratches, dullness and whole areas are an indication that it is time to refinish the floors.
Refinishing floors is a 3 – 5 day process depending on the extent of floors to be refinished and may require that no access to this area happens during the refinishing process so as to ensure optimal end results and prevent any damage to the finish.
The process is simple and needs to be performed by qualified hardwood floor refinishers who have extensive experience with the process. The following are the steps to refinish:
1. Prep work – The homeowner is required to remove and move out all furniture. It is also recommended that they cover up all vents, ducts, cabinets etc to minimize cleanup from dust that will be spewn all over.
2. Sanding – This step is a multi-step process where the refinisher will remove all quarter round/shoe mold and start sanding the wood to the bare wood state. This sanding involves multiple sanders and sanding paper to go from a rough sand to a relatively smooth finish.
3. Staining – This step involves the staining of the bare hardwoods. The refinisher will confirm the color by providing multiple color choices to the homeowner (when trying to match) or the actual color choice made. Once the stain is confirmed, the refinisher will stain the floor and let it dry.
4. Polyurethane coat 1 – This is the first step of applying polyurethane and after application will require one day to dry.
5. Polyurethane coat 2 & 3 – Depending on the price, you will definitely have a 2nd coat but may not have a 3rd coat. Negotiate with the refinisher as 3 coats is always better. Between coats, the refinisher will lightly sand and then apply the polyurethane coat.
Let your hardwoods dry thoroughly before any foot traffic on the floor. It is recommended to stay away minimally from 1 – 3 days to help the stain and polyurethane cure.
Handy Andy Services can help you with all your flooring needs including hardwoods, tile and vinyl flooring. Handy Andy Services has been providing superior quality home renovation and home remodeling services to clients in Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas including Myers Park, Cornelius, Concord, Huntersville, Lake Norman, Dilworth, Waxhaw, Fort Mill, Lake Wylie, Ballantyne, South Park, Waxhaw, Weddington and Marvin. You can confidently opt for the best hardwood refinishing, flooring and home renovation with Handy Andy Services, a provider that can deliver and exceed your expectations.
Summary: For superior quality and professional basement remodeling and HH, look no farther than to Handy Andy Services to meet these needs.
Basement remodeling is one of the most important remodeling decisions any homeowner can make that can significantly and positively impact your property and home value. Knowing what to include in your remodel and picking the right selection of options will help with the budget but more importantly your improved lifestyle and home value. When embarking on a basement remodel or upgrade improvement project, always consider the following:
- Resale Value: Consider the resale value of your home and the amount of equity that is being added. Most basement upgrades recover 90% of their value however over spending may not achieve that desired value unless its purpose is for pure comfort.
- Budget: Determine your budget and the key needs in your basement that are must haves and prioritize thereafter. Sacrificing many “Like to have” for critical “must have’s” can keep you within budget for your basement completion.
- Use Of Space: Do not create areas that will not be utilized. It will consume maintenance costs and is akin to a car that sits in the garage that requires insurance and routine maintenance.
- Access, ventilation, lighting: Easy access to the basement area from inside and outside is critical for optimal value assessments and ease of use. Ventilation and lighting is critical as sections of the basement are below ground and grade level. Choosing open windows and plenty of lighting will make the basement a year round livable space.
- Bathroom and kitchen area: Incorporating a bathroom and kitchen area is almost critical and deemed a requirement if you wish to recoup the value of the basement.
Handy Andy Services can help you convert the unfinished basement in to an awesome living space that meets your individual needs. From increasing the value of your home significantly at a relatively small cost, a basement completion provides additional space to be that much dreamed of game room, bar/entertainment room, theatre/media room or the perfect in-law or guest suite and much more. Trust that Handy Andy Services understands what is needed to get the job done right for you. The competitive advantage of selecting Handy Andy Services as your provider of choice is our ability to deliver absolute quality outcomes, seamless orchestration and execution of activities across multiple crews while ensuring speed to deliver and timeliness. Communication with the client throughout the project, status updates and recommendations are part of our execution strategy.
Handy Andy Services has been providing superior quality home renovation and home remodeling services to clients in Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas including Myers Park, Cornelius, Concord, Huntersville, Lake Norman, Dilworth, Waxhaw, Fort Mill, Lake Wylie, Ballantyne, South Park, Waxhaw, Weddington and Marvin. You can confidently opt for the best basement remodeling and home renovation with Handy Andy Services, a provider that can deliver and exceed your expectations.