We serve clients in Greater Charlotte, NC and all surrounding locations including Myers Park, Dilworth and Ballantyne.
When it comes to home remodeling, the room that first comes to mind is of course the kitchen. There are few home improvement projects that can match the joy and pride of a remodeled kitchen. Whether it is a full remodel, altering the design, redoing the floors, constructing a new island or simple cabinet updates, there are numerous benefits to kitchen renovations.
Since the kitchen is one of the most trafficked rooms in the home, it is imperative that it is efficiently designed for comfort, access and ease of use. While you want to integrate the basics, such as the work triangle, plenty of lighting and updated appliances, you should also have the freedom to incorporate your own design flavor. Adding personality is just the cusp of the numerous benefits a remodeled kitchen can offer.
Kitchen repairs and improvements include:
- Increase Value of your home - When it comes to increasing the value of the home, there is no exact science. If you put $12,000 into your remodeled kitchen, it does mean you will get $12,000 out of the future sale price. Nevertheless, national data suggests that homeowners can recoup anywhere from 68% to 75% of their kitchen remodeling costs. With the average remodeling costs at $17,226, homeowners can expect to recoup at least $11,560.
Compared to other home improvement projects, the kitchen ranks in the upper echelon of recouped costs. In addition to an added sale value, designers and real estate brokers agree that a kitchen can make or break a sale when it comes to the home. It is often the first and last room potential buyers look at when they visit the home. In addition to increasing the sale value, a remodeled kitchen can also mask other areas of the home that are not quite up to par.
One last aspect of increasing a home’s value; if you update your kitchen, you should bear in mind that you will get to experience the upgrades as well. You will see what it is like to work with granite counters, dual ovens or professional range. You must keep this in the back of your mind as you consider a kitchen renovation.
- Kitchen Remodels allow for new designs - Let’s face it; kitchen designs have changed quite a bit in the last few years. In the old days, most homeowners only cared about the work triangle, the idea that the refrigerator, sink and stove were close by. Nowadays, we seek more from our kitchen designs. We want an open layout. We want an island. We want better cooking stations.
For those families expecting more children, an open layout is a great way to declutter one of the most popular rooms in the home. Not only does an open layout give you the ability to watch your kids in the adjacent family room, but it also gives you more space to walk freely as you cook.
Speaking of cooking, kitchen islands give all aspiring and professional chefs, the space they need to enhance and transform everyday meals. Islands give you the counter space to spread the dough, experience with new ingredients or depending on your materials, even chop your vegetables. An island also gives your children the space to do homework and art projects.
- Convenient Storage - As you grow your family, storage areas will magically disappear and the kitchen is no different. As a result, many homeowners choose to add as many cabinets to their remodeled kitchens as possible. Whether it’s storing food, extra plates or office supplies, homeowners and interior designers are getting creative and resourceful when it comes to adding storage.
One terrific way to make storage friendlier is by adding slide-out pantries and cabinets. Not only will this greatly reduce the strain on your back as you empty the dishwasher, but it’s convenient for young ones as well. On the other hand, some homeowners or cooks demand more from their pantries. A kitchen remodel gives homeowners the opportunity to build walk-in pantries. This popular design gives allows you the ability to examine the entire pantry quickly and is a highly recommended kitchen renovation option.
Handy Andy Services can help with simple improvements such as painting and backsplash tiling, replacing counter tops, custom cabinets, tile floors or high end appliances to a complete kitchen makeover; your dream kitchen can be a reality without the fear and headache of knowing whether the job will be done right and on time.
Home Renovation include:
- Kitchen Reconfiguration
- Floors – Tile/ hardwood/marble
- Custom Cabinets & granite countertops
- Backsplash tiling
- Caulking and sealing
- Appliances purchase and install
- Molding and trim
- And Much More!
- Complete room design & reconfiguration
- Framing, drywall, insulation, Accoustic ceilings
- Bar & kitchen area
- Flooring – hardwoods, tile or carpet
- Wiring for home theatre and surround sound
- Lighting and storage, closets, shelving
- Windows & door addition or removal
- Trim work and crown molding
- Interior Painting
Call Handy Andy Services to address your Kitchen and Home Renovation needs.